Operational Adjustments at DeLand Police Department Headquarters
The DeLand Police Department will be making some slight operational adjustments concerning the way we operate and handle guests to our police station in consideration of COVID-19.
Effective immediately the following restrictions will be in place concerning visitors to our building:
- All tours of the police station will be postponed until further notice.
- Fingerprint services taken for employment/licensing purposes are postponed until further notice.
- Entry into the secured portion of the police station will be at the discretion of authorized employees. If you are feeling ill or exhibiting signs of illness, you need to let us know as you will be prohibited from entering the secured portion of the building. We have alternative methods of handling most if not all situations we may encounter. Effective communication is the key.
- All walk-in business will be handled in the lobby of the police station and submission or exchange of paperwork may be handled through the pass-through window in the lobby. There are restrooms in the lobby where you can wash your hands at any point during your visit to our police station. We encourage you to do so upon entry into the Police lobby and before interacting with our employees. Disinfectant wipes will also be available for visitors who may need use the phone in our lobby.
- In addition, because we are a part of the Crime Watch Network, we are now able to offer on-line reporting for non-emergency incidents. Utilizing this service for non-emergency incidents will help reduce the number of times an officer may need to respond to your location and for residents to come to the Police station.
- The public can now go to our CRIMEWATCH portal at https://volusia.crimewatchfl.com/delandpd to file a non-emergency incident report electronically. Go under the Forms Tab and click On-Line Reporting and follow the prompts.
If you have a NON-EMERGENCY incident that can be handled by telephone and you don’t have access to a desk top, laptop computer or tablet to complete the on-line incident report, please call the Volusia County Non-emergency Dispatch Center at (386) 943-8276 and an officer will be assigned to contact you by telephone.
If you have any concerns about conducting business in person at our police station, please call into our Records Division during Police lobby business hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at (386) 626-7437 and arrangements will be made to conduct that business by telephone and electronic messaging, if applicable.