Halloween Safety Tips
It's time for Halloween and that means it's time for Trick-or-Treating!
There are several neighborhoods around DeLand that are known for being awesome places to take children for trick-or-treating and the city's official event is in Downtown DeLand at Monsters on MainStreet, which goes from 6 to 8 p.m. Halloween night. This offers a safe environment for children and is free of vehicle traffic.
But if you decide to venture into neighborhoods, here are some practical safety tips from the American Safety Council:
- Stay in groups
- Costumes should be well-fitting and flame resistant
- Always test makeup
- Remember to look both ways when crossing the street
- Examine all treats before eating
- Stay on sidewalks when possible
- Avoid dark houses
- Flashlights + glowsticks for visibility
- Enjoy with caution