DeLand Fire and Police responded Wednesday morning to a fire that destroyed a home on Marlboro Drive.
Authorities responded around 1 a.m. Wednesday to a structure fire at 915 Marlboro Drive. One side of the home, which is divided into a duplex, was a total loss. All residents made it out of the home and there were no reported injuries. One firefighter received minor injuries during the response.
Residents told police they had been burning Menorah candles before they went to bed. A short while later they were awoken by the smoke detectors sounding and found a sofa on fire.
According to law enforcement on the scene, the fire does not appear suspicious and there were no signs of arson.